1. I have a proposal due on Wednesday. So far, I’ve opened the box of books sent by the publisher and stared at the covers. They look nice, but have been surprisingly unhelpful in determining what I should write in said proposal. Am starting to think more work will be required.
2. I finished reading and critiquing Shana Silver‘s first 150 pages. Her book is awesome. I wish she’d write mine.
3. Today I ordered Break by Hannah Moskowitz*, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers, and Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready. These will be nice additions to the five books already started on my nightstand: Savvy, Dead Tossed Waves, Wondrous Strange, Heist Society, and VA #1. Also, Kelley bought Art of Racing in the Rain for me. Prospects for the proposal are looking dimmer by the second.
*I kept being thwarted in my attempts to buy Break. I think this time, I’ll be getting it for sure. But it’s been tricky.
4. I will get this draft to my agent by the end of the summer, so that he will not be tempted to kill me or worse. I said it on here, so it must be true…right??
5. It’s the first day to sign up for WriteOnCon. A bunch of cool author friends worked hard to set this up so that everyone could attend a conference for free. And since everyone likes free things–more so if it’s food–you should definitely sign up. If you need added incentive, remember that by signing up you’ll get to hear from Michelle Andelman, Mandy Hubbard, Molly O’Neill, Elana Roth…you get the point.
What’s up PB.