We’ll take a break from the scheduled Wednesday blog post on the process of writing because…
…I’ve been tagged!
This month, I’m participating in the Absolute Write June Blog Chain and Rosemerry has just passed the baton. Check out her blog post on People You meet Online who you Don’t want to Meet in Real Life.
Now, I have to take a theme from her post and create mine from it, so I’m going to generalize.
Here are the Five People I Don’t Want to Meet in Real Life…Ever:
1. Jay Leno’s wife–as far as I’m concerned, he doesn’t have one.
2. Kathy Lee Gifford–I’m mad at her for ruining the last hour of the Today Show and for dumbing down Hoda Kotb.
3. Roseanne–Just way too crass for me. I wasn’t made for that type of humor. Sorry!
4. Stephen Hawking–I don’t like feeling dumb and his brand of genius might melt my mind.
5. Denise Richards–Did you see her on E!’s “It’s Complicated?” She went on a blind date with a guy and made the poor man feel sooooooo awkward. It was just plain mean.
And that’s my completely comprehensive, not at all petty list of the People I Don’t Want to Meet in Real Life…Ever. Who would be on your list??
Now, it’s my turn to tag, so I’m tagging Soma at Rotating the Bear. Head on over!
Status: Today, I finished reading Forever by Judy Blume. It was a fun book and a quick read. As a YA writer, I’m pretty sure it falls under required reading. After finishing that, I headed down to the library and ordered I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You by Ally Carter and Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Myers. I didn’t actually request the second Twilight book, but the librarian said I ought to have it thrown in for good measure. The librarian actually said to me: It’s ok, I like all of these books, too. Then I realized, I should probably feel kind of funny ordering so many tweeny books. Oh well! I also picked up Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
As I mentioned in my last post, I found an artist for my graphic novel. I’m excited about him. His name is Ben and I’ll be sending him a rough query, scene-by-scene synopsis of the first few chapters, and the first several pages of script today. So I’m a busy girl in the coffee house today.