Halloween’s over. No more candy corn until next year. No more haunted houses and, thankfully, no more what-to-dress-up-as-stress. As you might have expected, being an eskimo in Austin was hot. Like one million degrees. But that’s ok. I still had a great time at the party. See?
Anyhow, Halloween always gets me thinking about things that scare me…which is pretty much everything because I’m a big weenie…I’m scared of serial killers, “Law and Order” if I’m home alone, ghosts, car accidents, sometimes under my bed if it’s dark in my room, someone hiding in my closet, and getting into my car by myself.
But there are particular fears that come with being a writer. So, here’s what scares my writer pants clean off me:
1. Form letters that start with “Dear Author”–thankfully, a thing of the past, but still frightening
2. Blank screens
3. Bad reviews
5. Writers Block
6. Coming up with that “next idea”–always seems to come but until it does, it sure is scary!
7. Messy desks
8. Beautifully written books–yanno, the kind that make you think, how will I ever be that good?
9. Friends thinking I’m silly for trying to be a writer
10. Book signings where no one shows up–haven’t had the occasion of having one yet, but the mere thought of it gives me the heebies
So that’s what gets me. What scares the pants off of you?
Status: Is this submissions week? I think so!! And therefore, you have some homework. Let’s all wish for a quick sale together. Ready? 1, 2, 3…Go!
But, in all seriousness, I’m a big believer in the power of positive energy, so I would appreciate your keeping me in your thoughts and prayers as I embark on this next step in the publishing process!