How did this happen!? I got stuck writing another Saturday Six. I think I may actually have to switch over to the Tuesday Twos. Tempting…Tempting…
1. I finished my proposal and sent it off to Agent Man. Tried to make it as shiny and pretty as possible and I hope he likes it. I like it, so what they heck, right? I’m sure I’ll have some revisions to go through this week, but I’m hoping that this might go out sometime in the next couple weeks. We shall see.
2. Carrie Ryan’s book, THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH, comes out this week (March 10). Who isn’t excited for this!?
4. Agent Rachelle Gardner wrote an excellent post on the time commitment you can expect after signing a contract. I’m pretty sure the post was supposed to scare me, but really it just made me more excited and left me playing the “what if” game even more. Sending in alternate titles, images that represent your book, and filling out marketing questionnaires? As far as I’m concerned, those are 3 synonyms for “fun.”
5. I’m feeling a little sad, to be honest, because I don’t get to do any writing this weekend. In fact, I probably won’t dive back in to the WIP until I get notes back from my agent. I feel at loose ends and a bit homesick (booksick?). But, there is this thing called law school that is calling my name. Darn.
6. My to-be-read list is growing exponentially. Probably because I’m not getting a ton of pleasure reading done. I desperately want to read Stacey Jay’s You are so Undead to Me, Sarah MacLean’s The Season, Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games, John Green’s Paper Towns, Rachel Vincent’s Stray, and the list goes on and on and on. I think each day I make it without sitting down and devouring a book in one day is a small miracle.