- As I’m wrapping up revisions, I can’t help but swing wildly between unbridled optimism and crushing despair. I think it’s really fun for the people around me since it always keeps them guessing and really fun for me since it fosters a certain unpredictability of spirit that has heretofor eluded me. (That and the ice cream truck.)
- My house looks like William-Sonoma blew up inside of it. I’d take a picture of all the wedding presents we’re trying to fit into a teensy amount of cabinet space, but I’m too embarrassed. Also, my friend just called me out by email for having my Christmas tree still up. I’ve been officially shamed…yet not enough to take down the Christmas tree.
- It’s January 7th, people. January 7th. Do you know what means? It means I’ve been patiently waiting for news for 7 whole days. That is 7 times the amount patience I had previously built up before Christmas. I’m either ready to hear things or to be committed. One or the other.
- I’m almost finished reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Why do you people have such a problem with Shailene Woodley playing Tris in the movie? Am I the only one that has any respect for ABC Family anymore? I mean, really.
- I wish elves would finish the rest of my revisions while I’m sleeping. Perhaps they’ll be tempted by my lingering Christmas spirit.
What are your thoughts this Monday?